WTF Is WTF?




"Last year, state officials notified nearly 10,000 holders of license plates with the letter combination "WTF" that they could get a replacement at no charge after officials learned that the combination is a common acronym in text messaging for a vulgar phrase, "What the ..."

But while tracking down the errant plates, no one at the Division of Motor Vehicles checked their own Web site. "WTF-5505" is shown as a sample of a personalized plate.

"I can't believe it," DMV Commissioner Bill Gore said Monday when alerted to the situation. "Obviously, I didn't know it was there.

The DMV was alerted to the vulgar message last July when a 60-year-old technology teacher from Fayetteville complained about the plate. Her teenage grandchildren clued her in."


Well it looks like DMV is way ahead of the... wait? They just figured out what 'WTF' stands for? I mean my grandpoppy doesn't know what it means but he thinks corn is a hearty meal and does NOT work for DMV. So he's off the hook.

I love that it was a 60 year old that blew the whistle on this situation. I know someone that's not going to have to wait 4 hours in the wrong line anymore.

Now that DMV is wising up I'm starting to worry my 'PHUKUIRS' plate is in jeopardy. Oh well, it was worth it.

No comments: