Space Travel. The Not Fun Kind.




Micro spacecraft to blast single brave rider into space

"They're calling this rocket HEAT, or Hybrid Exo Atmospheric Transporter, and it'll propel a human into space at a relatively gentle 3g force, hardly enough to break even the fragilest of legs. The quarters will be cramped, with the astronaut strapped into the pressurized compartment so tightly, only limited arm movement will be possible. Not exactly a limo ride, but maybe it'll be cheap.

This is one of two upcoming craft from the Danish aerospace startup — the other vehicle will be the unmanned Hybrid Atmospheric Test Vehicle, a 1/3-scale sounding rocket that will test the company's new rocket engines. That motor is off to a good start, passing its first test earlier this week."


Call me crazy but this looks like it could go horribly wrong. When I think space travel I certainly don't think bank drive-thru tube or CAT scan.

First off I'm not traveling through space alone. I need at least 2 sidekicks and a cooler. This contraption clearly doesn't meet those requirements. Also, where is the fun in no gravity if I'm strapped in like a mental patient. God forbid I get an itch!

Oh and don't even get me started on the bathroom questions I have. Seriously...



Photo & Quote: dvice.com

No comments: