Taxes On The Rocks




"Sodora founded Tavern Tax in 2005. For 10 weeks leading up to the April 15 deadline to submit U.S. income tax returns, he brings his tax-filing services to bars on weekday nights and weekend afternoons. At an Irish pub on Wednesday night, Sodora set up shop under a "Tavern Tax" sign with a fold-up table covered with a framed photo of laughing friends, his laptop and a lamp. One by one, clients relaxed in the chair across from him, handing over documents and sipping on beer. "I always say to people, 'Where's your beer? I can't have one but you can."


OMG! It's like someone gave me Christmas in April! I've always said "we should go to a bar with all our personal documents... get shit faced... and trust a stranger to do our taxes!".. ok maybe I haven't ALWAYS said that but I do now.

I like how he encourages you to drink. I'm 6 Jim Beams to the wind, he's 6 W-2's to the wind and now I owe more than I made last year. Oh this guy is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As he processes your return on turbo tax for $19.95 and by the end of the night you owe out more to him then you do to the IRS. Damn I really need a new job! LOL